.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Sunday, August 08, 2004

I cleaned the sliding glass window tonight

Yeah - that was my entertainment for the evening. Let me say this though, I cetainly di dnot PLAN on it being entertaining. We are near 100% humidity (100% is what, swimming?) and the sliders were all fogged up (I have the air on - it's set at 80 degrees - that ought to tell you about the weather) So, anyhow, sliders were all fogged up and that only accentuated all the dirt and fingerprints and ugly nasties that were on my window from whatever touched it last. So, anyhow, I'm sitting there, looking at the milky fog, thinking how gross it looked, and then it occurred to me that this is the perfect time to clean the windows - courtesy of mother nature no solvent needed. The grime was already soaking in water, it ought to just come right off.

I got out the trusty florida squeegee (believe me, you can't live down here without a squeegee any more than you can live up north without an ice scraper) and commenced squeegeeing. Looked pretty good if I didn't say so myself. For the next hour or two I kept glancing at the window thinking how cool it was that the window came clean so easily. Then Firstborn took the dogs out. Well, you may or may not know that I have one dog that is nearly blind. Yeah you know what is coming. After about 10 minutes, I hear this great big WHAM! Yep - for this poor dog, no dirt = door is open. On one hand it is so ridiculously funny to see a dog willfully self-concuss, yet on the other it is also ridiculously shameful that I let my door get that dirty, and then left it that way so the dog got used to it.

I still don't know whether to laugh or cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture