.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

it's still coming

Talked to the doc todayabout my x-rays - no breaks and he wants to put me on steroids. Not sure why - they werent clear as to what the steroids were going to do for me. I think that if I can find a bone doctor on my insurance plan that I will be getting a second opinion. to have nothing wrong with me and still have THIS MUCH pain is absolutely ridiculous. It's not arthritic, I'm not stupid - arthritis doesn't just come on you all of a sudden.

the hurricane is still pointed directly as us. It will make landfall HERE. Like RIGHT HERE, where I live. DH and I are going to hunker down here - I mean, if we have to go to a shelter, well, the shelter is just down the street (I can walk there) so I don't know how that will be any better than just staying put.

We go to Home depot bright and early tomorrow - I'm not fooling myself into thinking that there will be plywood left, but I'm hoping for a couple 2x4s to brace the garage with. I sent DH out tonight to topp off the gas tank in the car cause the prices go up tomorrow and after that is the storm so who knows when we will be able to do it again after that. We will also be going to the grocery store and picking up some canned foods and batteries if they have any left.

I want to also find one of those ac adapter plugs for the car that you can use to plug in stuff in the car - I don't want a battery powered one but one that works if I run the engine. I want this because our neighbor is athsmatic and needs a nebulizer and if the power goes out she has to use her inhaler which makes her jittery and shaky. So, I would like to have that on hand so I can loan it to her... she doesn't have family nearby and we have kind of adopted her.

well, that's all I can think of to write and the pain meds are kicking in - my brain is going all fuzzy which means it's time to go to sleep. I'll update more when I am able.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from your long lost friend, Becki!! Jenny sent me your link and I wanted to say how great this is. So nice to see your grown up, beautiful kids! Wow- time flies! Let's not even talk about being 30 soon. I am deeply depressed about it :) Life has been reasonably good, work is good but same old, same old. Your house looks really nice. Well, I just wanted to say hi and it was really good to see this site. Makes me miss all of the fun times we've had. I haven't found any pics of you or John though. Put some on, okay?

Much love and friendship from MI,
Becki

p.s. Where is your mom now? The owners of your house put an extra garage on your house- basically just sided the carport.. looks strange but nice.

9/09/2004 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

Becki - hey girl glad you dropped by! I'm glad you like the site - it's a way to keep distant family up to date with what we're doing down here because I never seem to be able to catch them on the phone. LOL.

Are you kidding? Photos of me? I stay away from the cameras these days. I think I just look too old and I don't want to think about it. So, out of sight, out of mind ya know. I did post a picture of me here once - you can find it here.

Mom is in Vermont. She has built a house on her land up there and is dating a new fella. I've talked to him on the phone - he seems nice enough, but I'm reserving final judgement until I meet him.

Send me an e-mail if you want. ladykiwi at cfl dot rr dot com

9/09/2004 08:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture