.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Friday, September 03, 2004

UPDATE

well it has been breezier than usual today - we had a sudden downpour this afternoon like usual - only this time the downpour was late - it arrived about 6pm instead of 3pm like usual. We had a meeting at work - we were all given pre-paid phone cards to take with us and if we can't get to work on Tuesday we are expected to use the cards and work from home. Assuming, of course - that we have one left.

DH has braced teh garage - I couldn't budge it by leaning on it - and I weigh more than what the wind gusts are supposed to be getting up to in our area so there is no worries there.

On the way home from work, I stopped by Walmart and it's quite amusing actually - the shelves are empty. Frozen goods, however, is fully stocked. I picked up some little crafty type things for the kids to do when the power goes out. Last hurricane all I had was a puzzle and they got bored of that really quick. It's kind of hard to do a puzzle when it's all gloomy inside. So, we will be making chenille pipe cleaner ornaments, popsicle stick frames and painting teeny plaster figurines. It should save my sanity. I hope.

Traffic was almost non-existent for much of the day today. The highways are mostly empty and so is the town. I think everyone has gotten to where they need to go and are in the hunker down and wait stage. I hate this part of it. Charley was at least quick - about 3 hours of high winds (that I slept through) and that is it. He was right on time and everything. I SO want this thing with Francis to be over with so I can get back to my life. Ivan is coming up right behind Francis too - they did say it would be an unusually active year for hurricanes this year - well they weren't wrong.

Francis has slowed to 4mph and a catagory 2 now. there is discussion of whether or not the warmer waters on the end of the bahamas will have an effect on her or not. Warmer waters = faster wind for the hurricane. Maybe she will die off down there and all this worry will be for nothing? Whatever all of you are doing - be it prayer, happy thoughts or whatever, it appears to be working. THANK YOU!

My shoulder is reacting nicely to the steroids. I could really do without the hot flashes though... My co-workers think I'm nuts. First I'm putting my lap blanket on, then I'm taking it off, then I'm putting it on again... UGH I feel like I'm inthe middle of menopause.... I talked to my mom, she said that she felt the same way when she took this medicine for her MS. Well, mom, you were right - red-face comes on day two of the treatment. It's working wonders though - I have only needed the sling for a short time today. I might even try to skip the pain pill tonight.

All I have left to do is hunker down - watch the news until the power goes and wait. Some holiday weekend...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture