.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Definition of horror

Installing an update from Microsoft, forget to reboot and when DH reboots for you, NOT HAVING IT BOOT BACK UP.

Last night was not a pleasant evening. I had to perform digital surgery on my operating system because a certain service pak that shall remain nameless deleted some files and failed to re-install the updated ones! There was a time when it would not even read my C drive properly. I almost lost it then because all my photos and data for the last year is on here! Needless to say that I will be performing a backup VERY SOON. Using a windows based computer without the benefit of Explorer.exe is like pulling a tooth without anesthetic. DH helped me with a couple ideas - he showed me that I could use the task manager to run utilities and copy files. He also helped me look for the file that was missing. I was never happier when I ran explorer to see all my icons and the ugly little green start button again. WHEW. Thanks for helping DH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture