.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Happy almost-halloween!

Costumes have been decided and pumpkins have been carved. Seeds ahve been picked out and are roasting in the oven. It's starting to smell a little bit like fall.

I called about the FEMA food relief card that we are supposed to get due to losing a lot of food in the hurricanes and it is supposed to be here in about a week. That will be nice because we are really low on food and it was getting to be "cross your fingers and hope the card comes" or "resign yourself to ramen for the next 10 meals". Now, I like ramen as much as the next noodle-friendly, budget-conscious person, but it's starting to sound rather un-appealing. Let me tell you, it's going to be quite a Thanksgiving with that card. We will have a real turkey! Maybe even a pie. YUM

My niecee still hasn't had her baby - it was false labor. She's really really uncomfortable though. I've bet on sometime today for the baby. We will see.

In other news, my pumpkin won third place in the contest at work - I carved a palm tree in relief on it. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I now have a gift certificate to a local restaraunt. The next time all three kids are out somewhere spending the night with their friends DH and I will have someplace to go.

I am leaving for Ottowa early Monday morning. I've got to drive 2hr to the airport, fly 5 hrs and then spend the rest of the day with this client. I'm a lil bit nervous cause I know I'm in for a grilling on what our software can and cannot do. I'm sure I will do fine, and I'm really looking forward to this trip. Fall leaves again! Oh yay! I will leave Ottowa in the morning and will be traveling through O'hare in Chicago. I've got almost three hours in layover time to blow at the airport. I won't be back home until about 8pm. It's going to be a long two days.

I may get to spend a week back up in MI on a business trip in mid-November or early December. I'm not quite sure where it will be but if it's close to where I moved from, I might be able to wring a couple hours out so I can visit with family. I hope it's close to where I moved from. :-)

Well, that's about all that is new lately. Other than being sick, being 30 is not so bad.

PS, GO KERRY!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Long lost Michigander!
I just turned 31 yesterday. Meaning I LIVED THROUGH 30.
So put that walker away! It's just another year of whatever your attitude towards it brings. The best advice I can give anybody at any age is DON'T DWELL ON ANYTHING. The past has past, ya can't change it, get on with your life, and use your energies something positive. Life is too short.
-Jen from MI

11/02/2004 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture