.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

I burnt the gravy. Yes, I BURNED the gravy. Don't ask - I'm not sure how I did it either. The rest of everything was pretty good. The kids oinked on punch and we had the requisite dog vanishing because firstborn refuses to put her on a chain when he takes her out and from time to time she just takes off. This time all the dogs left though - Joplin can handle herself despite being deaf and blind. The other two are liable to get eaten. So, ,we took off after them in the car and a little while later the neighbors walked her home on a borrowed leash. I've told firstborn that I will start charging him $5 every time she gets loose unless it can be proven that it was not his fault. In other words, it has to be someone elses fault. He owes me almost $20. He's mowing the front lawn right now to work off some of that money.

Yes, mowing the front lawn, on thanksgiving. I'm such a cruel mother.

Well, that is about all that we did, I am thinking of taking a nap after I get dinner put away and dishes done - but by that time it will be suppertime with more dishes and then bedtime after that. I don't knwo what I was thinking of when I said I was going to take a nap today. HAH.

We did start a new tradition today though - everyone had to get a piecec of paper and write down 10 things they were thankful for. Not only did they have to write down the item - but smart ole me knew there was liable to be some cheating seeing as how there are aobut 10 livign things in this house I said that they had to specify WHY they were thankful for those items. It went over pretty well. I think I will save those papers and we will do it again next year. We got some interestign responses. Firstborn is thankful for TV because it's entertaining. Middle child is thankful for a lot of things because he/she/it is sweet. Youngest is thankful for a lot of things because she can play with them. Things like dogs, playstation, ,the cats, toys, bikes, friends, etc... Was very cute.

I hope your thanksgivign was wonderful and that you all had a great day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lssjes said...

ACH!!! What a wonderful idea! I like it!

As far as being a bad mother b/c you made your son mow the lawn on Thanksgiving... I'm just as bad as you. I made my husband wash windows today. :O) Happy thanksgiving!

Laura

11/26/2004 01:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture