.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Navy Pier

I made it to Navy Pier - most of it was closed due to the bad weather and the cold, but what a cool place! Why did I only learn of it like three months before I moved from up here for good? I took plenty of photos and because I was in a suit, I don't think anyone thought I was a freak taking pictures of their kids. (Also, I tried not to get any kids in the shots, but with two or three bus loads of kids there that was a bit hard to do) Getting in and out of Chicago was way easier than I thought it was going to be but I did happen to need to park the car, and the lot I chose, while close to Navy pier, was not cheap. They must be making a fortune! Well, because I spent my parking money on going to Navy Pier, I think I will skip millennium park. {SIGH} Oh well. I did get the offspring something interesting from the pier - I've seen things like them, but not quite like this. Naturally I can't tell you guys what I got them because my kids read this site so I've got to be pretty secretive. nyah nyah

Anyhow - that's about all that is new today. My throat is still killing me - I wish they made some sort of "anti-raw-throat" drug.

Oh and I have learned that I need to call my appointments the night before to confirm the appointments because if I don't I will go another 50 miles out of my way for nothing like today. I also don't want to look like a fool when I call the appointment to let them know I am running 5 minutes late and they say "what appointment? I cancelled that two days ago!" and all of a sudden the entire day opens up in front of you with nothing whatsoever to do besides burn gas and spend money at Navy Pier.

I hope that made sense. That's how it spit out of my brain anyhow and I don't feel like re-wording it so you will just be stuck with it whether or not it made sense at all. Make sense? Clear as mud? Yah - thought so.

Well, it doesn't look like I will be able to log into my work email tonight - it's still not fixed for me. Thank goodness I have about 50 e-mail addresses and can just use a different one to do what I need to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture