.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Friday, November 19, 2004

Punning

Oh, I love a good pun. Sometimes I devote whole chunks of time to coming up with a good one. After hitting a deer one year and totalling our car, I harassed DH to no end with cracks about how many "bucks" it would cost us. "DEER, that's going to cost a lot of DOE!" LOL. He was less than impressed with my punning ability. Fortunately a friend of mine at work likes punning as much as I do so I am able to get my pun fix now and then. Here is a recent e-mail exchange:


From: Karry Smith
To: Linda
Subject: Comparing prices!!

Y'ever notice that the price of gasoline is directly comparable to the price of milk?
Milk runs about $2.09 a gallon presently and so does gas, I remember when milk was $1.10 a gallon and gasoline was roughly the same price... Maybe there is some sort of weird correlation there?
Maybe I'm the weird correlation that would notice such oddities? LOL
Karry


From: Linda
To: Karry Smith
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

No, actually, I noticed that too! It's a cow conspiracy! :0


From: Karry Smith
To: Linda
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

those MOOOOdy bastards... LOL


From: Linda
To: Karry Smith
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

Yes, those cow-ards!


From: Karry Smith
To: Linda

Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

that one was udderly awful. Very Cheesy.


From: Linda
To: Karry Smith
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

Bet it caused you a lot of angus-iety!


From: Karry Smith
To: Linda
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

Horn-estly, it wasn't too bad.


From: Linda
To: Karry Smith
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!


But seriously, it does seem that they're trying to milk us!


From: Karry Smith
To: Linda
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

You'd think that heifer a while someone would do something!


From: Linda
To: Karry Smith
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!


No doubt! It's becoming a veal problem!


From: Karry Smith
To: Linda
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

lets offer to meet them calf-way...


From: Linda
To: Karry Smith
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

Good idea! Then maybe they'll lower their beefed up prices!


From: Karry Smith
To: Linda
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!


We need to steer them in the right direction!


From: Linda
To: Karry Smith
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

Definitely! We've herd all the bull we need to!


From: Karry Smith
To: Linda
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!

(those were good ones!)
I don't know cow they think they can get away with this. They think they can cut the cheese and then hoof it out of there before anyone notices that they are skimming the cream off the top! Well, all I have to say is that they butter run! Leather they run or leather they hide, once I lay my hands on them I will be all "YO- Gurtie! butter you running for? Are you Cows or are you Chickens?" And then they will be all "squawck squawck and cock-a-doodle-do" so then I'll just have to choke those chickens in moo-suits. Nuggets anyone?


From: Linda
To: Karry Smith
Subject: RE: Comparing prices!!


LOL! I must admit defeat! I couldn't POSSIBLY out do that one!!! Well, maybe if I ponder for awhile.......

3 Comments:

Blogger Lssjes said...

Ha ha. you are crazy. :O)

Laura

11/19/2004 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Enjoy reading your blog. No pun-ishment there. Hilarious e-mail exchange. Linda keeps up with you well. Teat for Tat.

11/20/2004 08:19:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

LOL good one! That's just moo-sic to my ears!

11/20/2004 09:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture