.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Saturday, November 06, 2004

So - much - fun

I took my gift certificates to Michaels craft store and just combed over that store top to bottom... So many possibilities, too few gift cards. I settled on some beads and findings after about 2 hours? Or was it three hours? DH could tell you for sure, he was tagging along with me and being super nice by not suggesting that we need to leave or that I've surely looked at that particular set of beads at least 4 times and if I wanted them I shoudl just get them. Nope, he was very nice and kept the kids out of my hair while I looked, touched, got ideas and kept going back down the same aisles. I think if I ever win the lottery (hah, I have to play it first) I will buy myself the contents of a Michaels craft store. The kids were all like "Why do you want to buy things you will make into stuff you'll give away?" but they won't understand until they get older. It's not the thing itself that's fun, it's the thinking of the thing, the making of the thing, the wrapping of the thing, and the giving of the thing. Sometimes I make enough to keep one, but usually I jut take a photo of it and then give it away.

I've already assembled my beads and findings into brand new jewelry. Now what am I going to do? Note to self, buy more headpins next time. I have more beads than pins and not sure what to do with them. ...SIGH... I suppose I need to just win another contest or get another gifted gift card given to me.

Did I mention that I will get to go up north to visit family? I might have mentioned it a little while ago. I am so excited to go. I have some old high school pals up there that I'd like to see too, I think I hear Applebees calling my name. I wonder if they would join me? And my littlest brother - I wonder if I could talk him into driving me a couple of hours to see our Grandma? I really miss her. I'm so excited. Yeah, I'll have to work too, but that's nothing. I also plan on seeing Millenium Park at some point. I've got to finagle a laptop out of someone at work so I can purge my camera's memory card. So much to do.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come On Back, Karry!
I'll have a table reserved at Applebees!
Just say when!
Your ol' buds are waiting for you!
-Jen from MI

11/07/2004 09:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it girl- count me in!! Let me know!!

Becki in MI

11/08/2004 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

Wooo girls nite out again! I can't wait.

I'll email ya!

11/08/2004 03:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture