.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Bloggin from dialup

Well, sorry for the lack of post yesterday. It was a busy day. I completed my three appointments rather easily, but the three guys all wanted extra training which edged into my travel time so I found myself going tot he next appointment immediately after the one I just left. I didn't eat lunch that day, and by the time I got back to the airport, I was tired. So tired in fact, that I left about $5 worth of change in the car that I put there for tolls. Oh well. By the time I realized it - it was too late to do anything about it so I left it.

My sister-in-law and my neice picked me up at the airport and we drove back to my mother-in-laws house. It was weird as we got closer and closer and I recognised familiar names and landmarks that I had totally forgotten about. The creepy thing was that even the billbvoards looked the same. I was greeted outside by Joey and Tony and just inside the door I was mobbed by 6 mini dachshunds. SIX! Boy are they ever cute. The noise was incredible - a chorus of yaps and yarks and barks and the occasional YIPE as they all jumped and growled and snuffled me all over. Shortly after I got there, my neice and her new baby came over - that child is just PRECIOUS! I inspected all her toes DH and they aren't monkey feet, but I took plenty of photos to show you when I get back home. I'm on dialup here so I won't even try to post a picture. Well, okay maybe I will but not tonight.

My MIL and I stayed up rather late just talking and catching up on things - I may be one of the few daughters-in-law that really like their MIL but I really like her. Finally when I couldn't stop yawning I went to bed. Today we just talked some more and caught up on things and played with the dogs. I played hearts with Sam and Joey - they totally toasted me. I really suck at hearts. My sister-in-law took all of us bowling so she could try out her new bowling ball. I really suck at bowling too, but we all had a good time.

Being up here is just like I had never left. It kind of feels like home, but I really miss Florida - there is no way I am moving back up here - I just like Florida too much. Sorry DH. You are kind of stuck down there with me for at least a little while longer. ;)

Everyone is going to bed for the night - I think I will curl up and read some - DH I will call you shortly. I miss you. Sorry guys about the lack of photos - it will just take too long to send them across dialup tonight...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture