.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

let it snow let it snow let it snow....

Oh yeah. Snow. It snowed and melted all night long so that when I got to my car a half hour earlier than usual this morning there was a crust covering it that nearly sealed my door shut. I had to use both hands and YANK really hard on the handle that I dug out of the crust and crackled free of the ice. Well, okay - so that wasn't a big deal, but I get in the car, turn on the de-fogger/de-icer thing and rummage around for a scraper. There was no scraper.

I had to use my hotel keycard to scrape the ice off the windows - but only after 25 minutes with the defogger had melted it enough to scrape off with that flimsy lil thing.

Then, I get to driving to my first appointment of the day and suddenly I have NO IDEA where I am because all the street signs have snow crusting over the words. I finally called the guy and he stood outside his house waving for me as I tried to figure out where I was and where he was. Turns out I was only about a block off course and saw him as soon as I got to the next intersection.

Then as if that weren't enough bad things to happen in one day, this guy's computer is posessed. Yes, I said that, it was POSESSED, people. I don't think that even Jesus could bring that thing back to life. All I did was reboot and then the system was no more. I had to call the central help desk and they had to come get the computer and swap out hard drives and everything. I will give many many kudos to the help desk though - they got it all done and back up and running within two hours.

I wasn't even late to my next appointment (and I was so sure I would be). Nope, I was on time for that and got doggie drool all over my pants and hands and arms... That appointment had pets. Lots of pets. Drooling pets. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE animals (I have 3 cats and 3 dogs that will vouch for this) but I hate droolers. Drooling people, dogs, whatever. If it involves excess saliva, I don't like it. Remind me not to ever get a basset hound. Cute dogs, but they've been placed into my "Must-never-own-because-it-drools" list.

AND THEN it gets better. I stopped at a gas station to fill up the tank before my appointments tomorrow, and I guessed correctly which side the tank was on. Score 1. I couldn't get the gas cap off, it just twisted and then stopped and no amount of pulling or tugging or anything would make it come off. Score -1. The only person around that could help me was a policeman, so I asked him to help me. "This is going to sound stupid but I'm driving that rental car over there and I need more gas and I don't know why but the gas lid isn't opening when I turn the handle, it just stops. " He came over, gave it a gentle twist and said "Heh, turn harder" and walked away with a big grin on his face. I was so embarassed. Score -1. So, I'm filling up the tank, or so I thought, and a voice comes over the loudspeaker telling me to press the payment button or she is not going to activate the pump. Activate the... what? Oh, yeah, they big flashing "select payment type" button. Oops. Score -1.

so that's my day. I'm going back to the hotel now. Someone is waiting for the internet so I'm going to scram. Hopefully the rest of the evening goes better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lssjes said...

Ach! i hate days like the one you just had!!!!

Laura

12/02/2004 12:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture