.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Meet Pedro

We have rescued yet another little puppy. His name is Pedro and he's a purebred blue/chocolate and white Chihuahua. He has under developed eyes and is blind. He was going to be put to sleep by the breeder because she could not sell him or breed him. So, we now have Pedro. He's an adorable lovey lil thing. And he's tough as nails and just LOVES to rough-house with the other dogs and I don't doubt that in short order he will rule the roost here. He looks like a little mouse running around the other dogs, it's too cute.

He's a normal dog, just really poor looking eyes. The one has a pinpoint pupil that is like a smooshed oval shape, and there is some pigmentation of the eye's lens. I don't expect any sight out of that one. The other looks to be sunken in, but otherwise normal. The third eyelid is covering half the eye and is unable to be retracted due to the eye being so sunken in. If you have seen this before, please send me an e-mail and let me know what it is. Or, just comment here. He's going to the vet as soon as I can get him in. Here is a photo of him:




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - what a cutie! I bet he's a pistol.
Keep in mind now, this ain't no ordinary dog, he's a chihuahua. That pretty much means expect him to take to only one of you (usually female feeder-person) and he's gonna get a little aggressive when other dogs or people come close when he's with you.
-Chihuahua Whisperer from MI

12/31/2004 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Fidget said...

Cute cute cute... though I probably would have named him Egor or something along those lines with his eye problems!! We are looking to rescue a small breed dog here in the next few months, how did you come across Pedro?

12/31/2004 08:23:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

I'm hoping to head off the selectively favorite person trait in this breed by only holding him with other animals in my lap and having other people in the family feed him and take care of him as well as me.

he was developing some startle reflexes because he didn't know when he would be lifted up next (couldn't see our hands reaching for him) so I developed a signal to tell him we are picking him up. He's a smart cookie! I say Up-up and then pick him up and he is totally relaxed because he knows what will happen. It only took two or three times of doing it for him to get the idea.

We wanted to call him mouse but he answers to Pedro so Pedro it is.

I came across him when a co-worker saw a message about him posted on a local message board. He mentioned it to me, and I contacted the lady who had him. So one thing led to another, and here he is. You can look up other rescue groups online if you wanted to rescue a dog. if he was too sick for me to take, (I do have a limit on Vet bills that can be afforded) I would have brought him to the Chihuahua rescue group in Florida.

12/31/2004 04:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture