.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, January 31, 2005

Impending trip

I'm going to New Jersey this week - I will be gone from Wednesday to Friday. I won't be back until LATE Friday night - all I can say is thank goodness it's a weekend I'm coming back for - Red-eye flights home just don't suit me - I am usually so exhausted I can't get up the next day. Why are airplane trips so exhausting? I haven't the slightest idea, yet I come home from them utterly exhausted every time.

I bought a briefcase. I never thought I would need one but, well, I've got things to carry for this training and pens and supplies to teach and a manila folder only holds so much. I can't stuff my cell phone in the manila folder. Anyhow - I found one on sale in the clearance rack at Walmart (I am definitely cheap - what can I say) but it's suede and really really nice looking. I may be cheap, but I'm not tasteless. It's big enough to hold a laptop and it won't look like a piece of luggage once I've crammed it full of my crap. Not that I have a laptop I can travel with. I have to borrow those from work. Someday I will have my own. A good friend of mine just bought an Apple i-book and by frequent demonstrations is slowly converting me. I am beginning to crave an Apple. It will be many years before I get one however because it would be nothing more than a toy for me and I don't need a toy, I need a workhorse. Not that Apple computers can't be workhorses - my software is Windows based so I need a workhorse for MY program. Aight? Aight.

This has been a rather dull post so I will leave you with this joke, but you have to participate too. Ask me what the most important thing about comedy is.

"What is the most important thing about...."
TIMING!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think you're cheap. I live for a clearance!!! And I do most of my shopping at Wal-mart! If it's not on sale or a major need I won't buy it!
But don't you have to be cheap when you have Kids! J's pants from xmas already have holes in the knee's. Most of youngest son's toy's are broke or missing. It's a conspiracy, if you pay full price it won't last!LOL!
Rachel.

2/01/2005 09:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture