.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Saturday, January 29, 2005

In which I pretend to be a business woman

I dressed up for work on Friday. I wore a suit jacket, slacks and a nice shirt. I even wore jewelry! Because the office is really laid back (people often work at their desks in ponytails, t-shirts, shorts and bare feet) I stood out. I felt great though! I was typing notes properly, I wasn't slumped half in - half out of my seat staring at the ceiling while I fixed problems over the phone. I practically glided to the coffee pot in the break room and my shoes made that cool clack clack clack noise on the tile that only means "someone is looking pretty snazzy today". I was really going to go places, I was movin' on up. Glass ceiling? What glass ceiling? I was smoooooth.

And then I sneezed. My glasses flew off my face and landed into my suddenly half empty cup of coffee (with cream and sweet-n-low cause sugar is just yucky) and the entire tech department applauded.

Not much I could do for that - so I bowed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/30/2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

Sorry to yank the comment but it's subject matter was highly inappropriate for the type of blog I run. (Clean family style blog) No offense was intended by yanking it.

Karry

2/12/2005 11:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture