.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Can I chicken out now?

One of the things I worry about when going on these trips is whether or not this trip will be my last. Now, I like flying - I think it's really fun and neat - I just don't like the landing and taking off business. I also don't like leaving my family behind to go on these trips - but because I don't earn near enough to cover even one plane ticket, (the company pays for mine) 4 is out of the question.

This news article hit a little close to home for me. I'm flying into New Jersey. Not this airport, but I am flying there. TODAY. This plane crashed in New Jersey, TODAY. I don't like it.

I'm bringing my mp3 player that the company gave to me as a christmas gift a couple years ago and I am going to have it STOCKED with mind numbing 80's tunes like "Hello, again" "Hey, You, get into my car" "Puttin on the Ritz" and other various Madonna, Cheap Trick, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, and Aerosmith songs. Hopefully it will help me forget how nervous I always am before takeoff. (there, do I show my age now? As if I didn't before, yikes.....)

Oh, and I managed to score the good training laptop for this trip - which means it has a wifi card, a dvd player and a battery that lasts longer than the time it takes to boot up so I am not tethered to the wall outlet. I am going to get to use e-mail from my HOTEL ROOM. I won't have to drive to a public library. I also found a free code that will allow me to download a movie to watch. So, I may download it one night before I fly home and then WATCH IT ON THE PLANE cause this laptop doesn't suck! I'm gonna be so cool. (okok quit laughing at me now - it's not THAT funny, I can pretend I'm cool if I want to!)

I'll update again once I'm there and review the hotel room for you. I'm sure it will be dark and smell funny. I hope that it proves me wrong. (By the way - I CAN SMELL AGAIN! Hallelujia! Cold is almost done - now just to get that ear working again and I'll be back to normal)


1 Comments:

Blogger Lssjes said...

YIKES that would scare me too... But then again anything about flying scares me.

Laura

2/02/2005 08:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture