.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Grandma Gene

Things are going well so far - there have been no crises unless you ocunt the time at the flea market when middlechild had a temper tantrum inthe middle of the aisle because she wanted a drink RIGHT THEN and I told her we couldn't get one until we got to the rest of our group. I have clawmarks that are slowly healing on my hand. Oh and I went through a period of near panic when I found out my drivers license was missing. I found it this morning but only because I worried over it all night and then dreamed it was in my briefcase. So this morning I looked in my briefcase and there it was. Duh....

Grandma has been really spoling my kids - they have three new outfits, new cameras, sunglasses, ,cd/tape players and everything - it's been like christmas in February for them. Firstborn was playing Grandma and me like a violin at the flea market the other day. He wanted to spend some money so I allowed him to buy some of his infamous Yu-Gi-Oh cards (they were really cheap but I wouldn't spend more than $10 which meant he couldn't get one of each kind of pak. So I bought those and told him that was it. later on I found him with more thn I bought and asked him if he took them. (NOT beyond him, believe me) and both he and grandma said that she bought them. I was floored - He knew I said no more but still asked her for more anyhow. He did the same thing with sunglasses. I told him no he couldn't have them because he didn't take care of his last pair. So when I'm not looking he bought a pair with Grandma. She didn't knwo so it was definitely not her fault - but I told firstborn that if it happened again he would be in some serious doo-doo. No means NO. He also conned her out of a cd player and some CD's. He knew I was waiting on him for a while because I had just bought him a tape player and wanted to be sure he would take care of it. AAARGH. Well, he knows that if he messes up - it's getting confiscated. I am not above that. I'm letting Grandma spoil them because she doesn't get to see them often and if she wants to - well that's within her right cause I plan on taking advantage of the Grandma gene fully when I am older. LOL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently blogs about grandma bring ads for Fuller Brushes, stain removal, and Dog Poop Bags. Being a member of AARP, I am highly offended. Just Kidding. I love your posts, and now for added fun I get to see what ads the GoogleBot generates.
Cate

2/21/2005 06:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture