.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I'm here

Hey, I'm here and it's not that bad! I managed to connect this thing to the net (SCORE!) and now I'm "working" from the comfort of my non-stinky hotel room. This hotel is rather nice actually. The wallpaper is peeling in a couple of corners but the room is nice and its not dark and it smells vaguely fruity like someone has a plug-in in the room or somehting. I like it.

I'm back in the snow and I'm not liking that. I also felt rather frumpy in my preppy business casual clothes because they picked me up at the airport EXACTLY on time in a MERCEDES. On the highway we spent a good amount of time following a limo. This is a rather nice part of town and a really nice hotel and they fed me chicken parmesan that came in a HUGE portion and I was so hungry and it was so good that I ate the whole thing instead of politely stopping halfway through and saving the rest. You can call me a pig - lol but you haven't TASTED this chicken parmesan. I'm telling you - it is to DIE for.

The only thing I am not liking is the fact that I was working at their office rearranging things until about 10pm. Dinner was at 9. I was starved and really tired. Oh well, It's overtime for me actually if I keep track of the hours I spend working. Payday in two weeks will be good.

Tomorrow I am going to hook this laptop up to their projector to teach my class. They actually have a real classroom. I'm so used to wedging it into someone's home office or their closet-office (ask me some day about the server - the main server that hold critical data with no backup - that was suspended in a closet by it's POWER CORD) that having a real classroom is a NICE change.

Yikes, almost midnight. I'm off to get my email adn then start the movie download - not sure which one I want to watch - I'll update on that later. DH if you are readingthis I love you adn give the kids a hug goodnight for me. I'm really sorry I forgot to bring the cell phone charger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture