.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, February 28, 2005

Oh, that's why it wouldn't bounce...

Yesterday, firstborn and I went to Walgreens because I needed childrens tylenol for youngest and we perused the clearance at the end of the aisles. There were some good deals to be had. Firstborn picked up this little green ball thing out of a basket of a bunch of them. he looked it over for a minute and then asked me "Mom, what's this?" as he went to bounce it.

I could just visualize it... WHACK "huh, must have been a dud, let's try this one" WHACK... "hmmm" WHACK... "Mom, why do none of these balls bounce?"
The look on my face must have been priceless because he paused just long enough for me to yell at him "STOP! That's not a ball! That's a candle!"

He gasped as he mentally flashed through the same scenario I had just visualized. He looked at me sheepishly, "Uh, oops"

Oops is right, Bubby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture