.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

School conferences - 7:30AM!

I have to be at the school at 7:30 AM for a teacher conference. The conference will take me 10 minutes. I have to be at school at SEVEN FREAKING THIRTY A FREAKING M. Do you know what that means? I have to get up at 5:30 am to get ready and have all the kids ready and haul 'em all to school with me to go to this conference at 7:30AM!!! My children do not get up until 8:15am because they roll out of bed, into their clothes and out the door at 8:25am. I am going to have to prep my screaming voice ahead of time, and get the bribes ready (DH and I bought fruit and cereal bars for breakfast - if you hear screaming you will know that someone has forfeited theirs) and clip all my nails because when I have to forcibly peel the blankets off middle child I don't need any of my nails bending backwards into the quick. I know DH won't get up with me but he's got to drive the monster truck (didn't I tell you? after the last time I drove the thing I decided I wanted to live) so I must prepare my progressive voice for him. I'm sure you know the one, it starts out polite and nice, then mildly irritated, then annoyed, then really ticked off, finally degenerating into a full fledged howl of agony 5 minutes after I was supposed to leave. It's a lot like my screaming voice that I use with my children, except that screaming voice only has three levels - "nice", "annoyed" and "get out of the bed before I wring your neck".

I'm gonna be so tired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Statler said...

Hey I completely understand all of that. Only I try to get up at 5am every weekday. Why am I the only one who can hear the alarm in this house? Don't that just suck. And then on the days I think I can sleep in till 6am he has to be up at 5am. And you know you can pretty much forget about going back to sleep, after telling him a hundred and one times it is time to get up. Ah, the joys of being the family alarm clock! LOL. I truely do feel for ya!

2/17/2005 07:46:00 AM  
Blogger Shrimpy said...

all i know is that, i am the teacher and the alarm clock on PT days! i thought that since our conferences dont begin until 11am today that i could sleep in until 8 instead of getting up at 5. i so looked forward to so "me" time with jr and trinity gone. wouldnt you know it! the daycare didnt open on time and he brought her back to the house! i have been up since 5 am as usual. what a day already.

2/17/2005 09:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture