.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday just blew wide open for me

Got to work - attended the morning meeting, and guided a few wayward clients to the training room. Got my hot morning cuppa (Tea! Tea! I drink tea! Coffee is NASTY and it burns my stomach) and settled into my desk to await the first call of the day. I knew it would be a while - the way things were going at work, there just isn't anything to do. I figured I would spend my afternoon deep in the bowels of some technical document or other because the calls just weren't going to be there.

So - I checked my e-mail and there was an e-mail to the department asking for volunteers to go home today, and come to work the saturday shift tomorrow because someone called in sick. Working the saturday shift almost guarantees a good score because you spend a lot of it doing software regression testing and documentation, while manning the phones. (Not a lot of calls on Saturday). I need that score.

Let me see now, I can volunteer for this (brownie points!) and go home today, spend an afternoon with DH and NO KIDS, so I can go to work tomorrow (I can bring a child or two with me on the weekend if they want to come) and rack up the score because I spend all day testing the software? Hmmmmm

Alternative: Stay at work, don't get brownie points for "volunteering" in a time of need, be bored all day, not get a good score cause there is nothing much to do and have a weekend at home with two consecutive days off. On the other hand it IS easy money. Hmmmmm

So, boredom and easy money vs. job security and a day off with no kids...

It wasn't a hard decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture