.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I can't believe how rude some people are

Tonight we went to Dr. Seuss's birthday party at the local library. The event started at 6, we got there at 7. It was supposed to be going on until 7:30. There was supposed to be cake and face painting and baloons and oh the coloring of bookmarks that would be done.

We got out of the car, and the kids are talking excitedly about what they want to do first as we walk up to the building. As we walk up another group was leaving. The mother called loudly at us "why bother even going in? You missed it all, it's over now"

My jaw dropped, I couldn't believe she would say something like that in front of the kids. Particularly kids that weren't even hers. My kids all said "what did she say mom? What did she say?" I just told them "Nothing kiddo, she was just being rude" and hurried them on in.

The audacity of complete strangers still floors me to this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture