.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, March 28, 2005

It's been a long day when...

...you start to make up punishments. A case in point:

It's garbage night, and the chore of catbox cleaning has fallen on Firstborn to do this month. The dust from the litter really bothers me so I repeatedly ask him to do it outside. Tonight I notice an odd DRY smell to the air and my eyes start watering and itching....
"FIRSTBORN!"
"what?"
"Did you empty the catbox out in the house?"
"Yes"
"And how many times have I asked oyu to do that outside the house?"
"What?"
"A ton of times firstborn, the dust really bothers me"
"sorry"
"If you do it in the house just - ONE - more - time, I'll.... I'll.... "
"what?"
"I'll.... I'll... ... ... think of a punishment that's really bad! It will be terrible. You won't like it, trust me. A really bad punishment"
"..... uh okay mom"

Yes, that's effective parenting right there if I do say so myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger pismire said...

Ha ha! What a great story to read as the last thing of my day. It actually reminds me of my dad. He didn't know how to punish us so he just bit his lower lip and pretended to come after us. We'd scurry up to our rooms and slam our doors. So it made us leave him alone, but it wasn't much of a punishment.

3/29/2005 10:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture