.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I hate this

My biggest fear is losing my sight or the motion of my hands. I'm a reader and a crafter/artsy person. If I cannot do those things, I don't know what I would do.

My eyes are having issues today - it is hard to focus them and they feel bloated. Particularly my right eye. My fingers aren't doing what I tell them to do today either. They mostly do it, but I dunno - it' s like they are clumsier than usual today. I hate it when this happens. I hate it hate it HATE IT HATE IT!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Karry, how often does it happen? I had a mini-stroke at school while I was teaching and didn't even realize what it was. It hit me in my speech. The story I was trying to read aloud to the kids came out of my mouth garbled, then I stopped to send for my sister, and by then it was over. So quick. I was more intrigued than anything. No pain at all. I didn't even realize what it was until months later. All I'm saying is that blurred vision is one of the symptoms possible when a mini-stroke is happening, but if it's recurring or lasts a long time it may be something else. I think you should get it checked out no matter. Cate

4/20/2005 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

This appears to be a regular thing - I doubt it's a stroke... When my eyes go funny like this, it tends to last a long time. Weeks or months. I also experience a significant increase in hair loss, start forgetting things, and get weird sensations in my exxtremities. Today onthe way home it felt like the car was dripping cold water on my foot. Of course that wasn't happening - but you could have fooled me. I "wiped" it off twice and checked for drips three times.

It's either stress related (I've been working 6 days a week - 8-10 hour days lately) or it's MS (which my mother has - I've never been diagnosed, though I do have some of the same symptoms on occasion)

During these things I also have extremely VIVID dreams. They are like chapters in a novel - it's weird. I dream one chapter each night - eerie how they are sequential like that.

I dunno - it's like about every 3-6 months my mind erupts. I hate it, it's frustrating and annoying but I can deal with it.

4/20/2005 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture