.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, April 04, 2005

Sometimes I think I'm doing okay at this parenting thing

The other day, Firstborn asked to spend the night at a friends house. I told him he could and was surprised when he selected Samuel*. Samuel is a friend he hadn't hung out with in a really long time. I asked about Wesley* and he told me that Wesley was busy. I asked about Daniel* and Daniel was away for the weekend on a vacation with his parents. Then I asked about Otis*.... (It's not that I don't like Samuel, I prefer him over all his newer friends, but I was just wondering why him after all this time?)

What about Otis? Did you call him?
No
Why not?
Didn't want to.
Are you guys in a fight?
No...
Is he mad at you?
No
Are you mad at him?
No
Why didn't you want to call him?
Well, Otis learned some new words I don't like.....
And you'd rather not hang out with him?
Yeah
Well good for you!

*Not their real names.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture