.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Friday, April 29, 2005


Thisis a sketch of the mural Iam attempting to paint on Youngests walls this weekend. The white arch will be a rainbow, the white blob in the lower left corner is a mushroom and the butterfly looking thing is supposed to be a fairy sittingon it. The grey box on the right is a window and in the corner there is a dragon shaped thing that might be a dragon or a coud - depends how the dragon turns out. Youngest has given orders for a pink castle and fairies that fly instead of sit, and the fairies should be golden. I'll try a couple in yellow and we will see how that goes. Yes, the clouds and tree wrap up and onto the ceiling. I'm thinking of tearing out the crappy stained carpet in there and leaving bare cement and buying a green area rug for it - but that may not happen for quite a while. This is going to be a lot of work, but it should be fun!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Youngest is going to love this. I've never done a whole wall and a ceiling. I think it would kill my neck. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Just an additional thought. You can paint concrete, or at the tile store I saw this beautiful rubber type tile for kids rooms that you don't glue down. Or another thought, you can get a scrap piece of linoleum, turn it over and paint it and it looks like a floorcloth. (As you can tell, I'm getting carried away. I'm so bored with being in the house so long with Hub mending.) Cate

4/30/2005 08:01:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

I like the linoleum thing - but what kind of paint to use? I'm worried it would peel and crack.

I found this site www.flor.com and it has modular carpet which if it gets a stain, you pick up the stained square - take it to your sink and rinse off. You can also order replacement squares. I wonder if the critters would scratch pieces out of the grid (my cats like to scratch my crappy carpet - I put catnip on the scratching post and they still prefer my carpet - sigh)

4/30/2005 07:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out! Rachel

5/02/2005 09:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture