.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Booke meme

Interesting meme snipped from kattghoti

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that cool or intellectual book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

"I'm so glad you're here," the hook-handed man said. "I was just thinking how much I wanted to see your pretty face. Have a seat."

From A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Why 'poor woman' you wonder? Well, in that first glance I had seen other things than her marriage-line. I had seen a very complete break in the lines of life and of fate."

Just luck. I had '50 Great Short Stories' laying to the left of the keyboard. This line is from 'A.V. Laider' by Max Beerbohm. I haven't read that story since sometime in the sixties. But I have a favorite story in there, How Beautiful With Shoes by Wilbur Daniel Steele, that I love and must have read 20 times. Cate

5/25/2005 05:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture