.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

(sniff sniff) I smell victory

Yesterday Firstborn was called down to the office to explain about the bus stop incident. He said they asked all sorts of questions about what happeend and today - well, today I feel GREAT. I drove the kids to the bus stop today, parked in the primo spot (where I don't have to grind the bottom of the car getting off the side of the road) and waited. All the other parents came, but NAP and A's mom were conspicuously absent. Then, A's mom came - she drove this time instead of walked, and she just sat in the car instead of getting out like normal. She kept her troops in the car as well. Nobody got out of the car until the bus actually came and even then, she didn't let them go until almost everyone else was on the bus.

I suspect she got a note from the school. I also suspect that NAP was warned away. Especially since she's Not A Parent. She didn't even show up today. HA!

M's mom still drove M to school today but I told my kids to ask her that if she wanted to, I would ride herd in the mornings if she would ride herd in the afternoons. There's no reason for M to not use the bus stop.

Oh, ,and after the bus left, ,A's mom was the first to take off. I caught a dirty look out of the corner of my eye, but when I turned my head to see, she had turned her face all the way to the right so she wouldn't have to look at me. She drove down the road that way. (If you've ever tried it - it's not easy to do) For some reason that put the biggest grin on my face. At that point, I think I realized that I might have won this thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Decent people: 1
Wack Jobs: 0.

5/18/2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger HomeFireBlue said...

I'm so glad this got sorted! Like all the good stuff, I totally missed it (when it was happening)*sniffle*

Goota love them gooooood neighbours, eh? [/sarcasm]

-Blue

5/18/2005 12:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture