.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Why(te) I am freaking out over (hair)

OH - MY - FREAKING - GOSH

Okay so I got up this morning and put on a grey t-shirt. Heather grey. It doesn't show stray hairs from my head that much and I've been shedding a ton lately (Just ask DH about the wad of hair he made me clean off the back of my desk chair - honestly I never knew it was there, but that's because I never push my chair in when I'm not sitting in it) So - I have learned to wear clothing that camoflages my shedding. Today I noticed a stray hair on my shirt.

That would not ordinarily be a bad thing - because I shed all the time. No, what really caught my attention was how clearly this hair stood out against the t-shirt. I picked it off and looked at it closely. WHITE! I had a white hair! Not grey, not really light blonde like my previous freak-outs but WHITE!!!!

And this hair was a good 14 inches long which means I had been growing it FOR A LONG TIME! How long have I been old and not known it? Why did noone tell me I was old? I'm so old. I have white hair! I feel like I should be signing into a nursing home right now where everything smells faintly of pee and dust.

Or - let's look on the bright side - I could be developing one of those really cool white hair streaks like that one chick on X-Men. Hmmmm, white hair streak - I think I can live with that.

OMG I'm so old.

4 Comments:

Blogger HomeFireBlue said...

I'm right there with ya. I peruse mine daily for that first one. AND i have realy dark hair so it should stand out like a beacon. Ugh.

I need to get you the link to the blog where the lady found one in her ... urm ... hair down there. Eeek!

Man that room looks fabulous! Are you going to do more on it? How did you get the clouds looking so good? I used to do murals (outdoors) and I've never been brave enough to do trompe d' oleil (sp?) inside.

-Blue

5/03/2005 04:21:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Welcome to the club. I just plucked it and scan frequently for others. I should just accept it, accept it gracefully! Whatever! I'm having fun getting my hair highlighted now.

5/04/2005 07:17:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

Blue - THAT goes grey too? OMG...

5/04/2005 01:10:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

Oh and yes I will be doing plenty more to these walls. I did the clouds with a weird canned air spray thing I found at Home Depot. They came out really well, but I'm not going for a trompe l'oiel (sp???) look - it's supposed to be animated looking like a saturday morning cartoon or something.

5/04/2005 01:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture