.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, May 02, 2005

Without futher ado: Teletubbie land!


Here's what we started with - otherwise known as Pepto Pink. On the wall you will see the blue we tested.

And here's the rest of the blue. Painting the ceiling was scary for me because I know I will curse my idea when the day comes to repaint it white. We only did one coat on the ceiling, and the white underneath is splotching through - which looks great because I was going to do clouds up there anyhow.

Ahhh white puffy sprayed on clouds. Next time remind me not to buy the gimmicky sprayer that clogs and drips and just get a can of good ole spray paint. Especially if I am doing such a non-custom color like white.....

Now we have grass and hills. I'm debating doing a third row of hills in a kind of bluey green. It took DH all day to block in the color and me all night to do the curves and dark green bits.

Here's the door on the other side of the room. Those cabinets there will be covered with curtains eventually.... DH was right though - we did kind of have to paint the door. Youngest watched me through most fo this and then got out her stuffed Po doll and said "Tubbies!" and I immediately said "By all that is holy and pure, NO" She may like teletubbies right now, but giver her a couple years and she will rather DIE than admit it. After spending all this time on her room, I am SO not going to redo it for a while. I'd rather not spend years looking at Dipsy, Tinky-winky, Laa-laa and Po. Bleah. Aside from that - she will like the fairy garden theme much longer than teletubbies......

She's right though- it does look like where the tubbies live.

Would you care for sume tubby toast? No? Well, it's time for tubby bye bye before I lose my tubby sanity.....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like it's coming along great! So, when you gonna come this way and help me with the boys' room LOL! Just kidding Everardo is gonna paint Yughio theme on 2 walls for B and J and for S, Spiderman on the other wall(Closet takes up the other wall). Then in A room is a princess theme with Dora. Everardo is way more of an artist than myself. Although I love doing things like that I'm not the greatist artist.
I am gonna put stars on the Boys' ceiling. I think I can handle that. If I could only find glow in the dark paint!
Well it looks great, can't wait to see it when it's finished.
Rachel.

5/03/2005 09:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture