.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

gonna be busy for the next few days

for the next 10 days or so I will be doing nothing but eat, breathe and live at work. I managed to score some overtime for this coming holiday weekend - I need to find out if I will still get holiday pay as well as my overtime if I work on the 4th, if not, then I don't want to work it - I'm going to be so fried by the time we get our software rolled out it's going to be awful. Unless the money is there I think I would prefer to take my paid holiday. But, wow - the overtime is going to be nice when pay day comes around. That's going to be almost like a whole other check when you factor in all the overtime plus comissions. I might be able to get brakes on my car! Kind of need those you know - what with stopping and all. OH! and gas! Gas is good - but when it's $30 for half a tank, it's not so good. I've been getting gas in dribs and drabs because of this. Would be nice to have a full tank for once. La lala

worked straight through again yesterday - 10 hour day, free lunch with enough leftovers to bring home for dinner. Part of me hopes they will do this again today (I envision my grocery bills going way down!) , but part of me hopes they don't. I'm going to be burnt out by the time I finally get some time off. A half-hour lunch isn't much, but it's time off the phones.

Agh - major gripe about co-workers. We are all feeling the burn, but if someone stays overtime to help you out, DON'T just slack off and sit there like a vegetable because you have help! DO SOME WORK! Whew - glad that's out of my system now. Maybe now I won't shoot resentful looks at that person today.

Off to the trenches....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather sit at home for and get paid for it! Although if the money is there that would be great too!
But I'm in need of that 3 day weekend. My life has been soo stressful lately! But then again my kids cause most of that stress so maybee I just need a 3 day weekend from them LOL! Just kidding but it would be nice to have a little break from the kids besides going to work.

6/29/2005 01:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just left that message but forgot to sign it. Can you guess who?

6/29/2005 01:17:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

Hmmmm, I'm guessing, Rachel?

6/30/2005 09:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture