.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Middlechild drama

Middlechild was acting up at lunchtime and we wound up with "I just won't eat lunch then" "Fine - go to your room" "Fine - I will never come out!" "Fine then - now you CANT come out" "Fine!" "Fine!"

Shortly thereafter, there was banging and thumping which stopped as soon as she realized I wasn't going to respond and then she came out with a note. On the outside it reads:

To: Mom
from: Middlechild
your doter
who loves
you.

I opened it up and read her letter:

Dar Mom,
I am rilly sorry fore calling you name's. Thank you for nott giving me a wat to the orfanig.
Love your
Doter

I told her that I could never give her away to the orphanage, (they wouldn't take her!) but her apology was accepted and she still had to finish up her punishment in her room. A little while later I got another note, obviously written by middlechild, but it was delivered by youngest:

To: Mom
From: Youngest

and on the inside:

Dear Mom,
When is Middlechild going to come out?

It was all I oculd do to keep a straight face. After her time was up (maybe 15 minutes) I let her out to finish making her lunch. I noticed she had bread laying on the counter and told her she should finish making her sandwich. (The bread was starting to get crunchy, but not by much)Well shortly afterward, firstborn asked me why the bread was in the garbage. Nobody would explain to me how the bread got in the garbage. So, everyone went to their rooms while I preached about how GLAD I was that I didn't do it and get my brothers and sisters in trouble cause if I did do it I sure would be feeling pretty GUILTY right about now because I did something and somebody ELSE was getting in trouble for it.

A little while later I got another note.

You can grownd me iff you wont! I thrw it away because I did not wont to eat crancny Bred.

Well, I wouldn't want to eat crunchy bread either - if it was really that crunchy I would have let her get more bread - all she had to do was ask. So, she's wrapping up her second time-out right now and had to apologize to the other two kids. At least there has only been raised voices today and no screaming. There was mild banging but no new holes in the walls. I think I am going to keep her stocked in note-paper and cards - this has worked well for what would have ordinarily been a complete knock down drag-out explosion.

Also - and it might be irrelevant - she's been off red koolaid for a while. Maybe she's allergic to the red dye? Mir over at Woulda Coulda Shoulda suggested it to me (when she writes about her daughter I see middlechild and me in her words) and I think it might still be too early to tell but this might be my answer to her uncontrollable rages! Here's to hope!

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

The guy my sis is dating has real bad ADHD, and is about our age and was diagnosed when he was young. My sister, trying all her best to keep it in check asked him if the doctor put him on any dietary restrictions, like no sugar. The only thing that he told him to keep away from (remember this is back before ADHD was the buzz like it is today) was red food dye.

6/12/2005 07:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too Cute! (big grin) Love Mom

6/14/2005 10:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too Cute! (big grin) Love Mom

6/14/2005 10:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too Cute! (big grin) Love Mom

6/14/2005 10:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops... I am still not too good at this Love MOM.

6/14/2005 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

HA! Mom that's funny! I love the multiple comments - thanks for the smile!

6/14/2005 01:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome... anytime. Love Mom

6/15/2005 10:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture