.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

10 things you probably don't know about me

I decided today to do a 10 things type of post because I can't think of anything to write. So - here's 10 things you may not know about me:

1 - I hate girly things like sewing and cross stitch. Takes too long, I don't have the patience.

2 - I have great taste in Objets de art. Really. If I owned even one thing out of the catalog I just looked through, I'd be hundreds of dollars poorer and a cute night light richer.

3 - I cheat at computer games. Well, hard games anyways. It's no fun if I'm stuck. So I use GOD mode or look up hints. I feel really guilty afterwards, but I don't have the patience to figure it out. That's the main reason I have a lot of unfinished games.

4 - I won an award for creative writing once. It was pretty cool, but it felt like the award wasn't mine because the poem that won was an edited version of my poem. It felt like the poem was missing half it's flesh. My teacher edited (butchered) the poem for me prior to editing it and didn't tell me he was doing it. I was very surprised when I was asked to read it and it wasn't all there. I was very upset. I don't write poetry anymore.

5 - The reason my hair is so long? Not because I like it this way (although I do) It's because I'm too cheap for a haircut. Last trim? Over two years ago. They cut 14 inches off then, and could probably do it again. Split ends? A couple here and there. Why? I slack on conditioner now and then and sometimes blow it dry instead of air dry.

6 - I have a hard time being friends with other females, but have no trouble at all talking to males. Who knows why. Once in a while I find another gal that's just as weird and twisted as I am, ,but mostly I feel weird when other girls are talking about girly things. "Oh, poor Betty, she broke her nail!" "Does this pair of jeans make my butt look fat?" GAG ME

7 - I sing in the car when the windows are closed. I do an awesome rendition of the Monkees theme song. Sometimes I invent hand motions and laugh when other drivers stare at me.

8 - I will someday go to the Grand Canyon. If I don't make it there during my lifetime, DH and the kids are instructed to go there in memory of me. I secretly hope that they will have me cremated and sprinkle some of my ashes there. Is that morbid or what?

9 - I want to move to Africa some day. Maybe to live there maybe just for a couple months.

10 - I get hopelessly lost at the slightest provocation. I navigate on landmarks. If you give me directions, don't tell me east or west, tell me to "take a right at the big oak tree near the victorian era white house with a slate roof and lilacs in front."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa!! Thanks for numbers 6 and 10! I don't do girlfriends very well either...the ones I have are like me and we definitely don't talk panty lines and what we're making for dinner...as for 10? I ALWAYS get lost! I can have directions right in front of me and still screw them up!

Sonya

8/16/2005 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger ~Shibby~ said...

Thank you so much for the Johnny Depp paperdoll! I love it! Haha.

Wow -- you and I do seem to be a lot alike, despite the age difference. I'm not a huge girly girl either. I do, however, cross-stitch. Haha. I also find it easier to be friends w/ guys. I have two really good girl friends and the rest are guys. And I sing EVERYWHERE. Haha -- not just in my car. But that's where a lot of it takes place. :) Singing (and music in general) is my life.

By the way -- have you seen the movie "I Dreamed of Africa". That's what #9 reminded me of.

8/17/2005 12:25:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Which teacher butchered your poem? The creative writing teacher? Bastard.
I totally agree with not getting along with the girly-girls. Breaking a nail? Designer shoes? Puh-lease. Lukily I found some not-so-girlies to hang with.

8/17/2005 10:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture