.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

First day of school tomorrow!

All the kids are excited. My oldest is going to middle school tomorrow! Middlechild is in fourth grade! Youngest is getting so big! I can hardly believe it - time is flying.

I can't believe summer break is over. Each year school starts this early and it just feels wrong. Timing-wise that is. I know why they do it, but it still feels wrong to me.

I've discovered that I am missing about $50 worth of supplies that I thought I had enough of for the Christmas gifts this year. Fortunately it's still early enough that I can wait for some more breathing room in my paycheck and get it later. I told Dh that I went through the catalog and picked all the things I wanted to order and then trimmed it down to all the things I needed to finish what I had and the bill dropped from about $200 to $50. Beading is like crack, let me tell you. I found a new way of making a bracelet. Well - it's not really new, but it's a new technique for me and I like it. I'm just short on clasps.

I'm making lots extra this year because my stash last year almost sold out at Christmastime at work. Dunno if it will be like that again, but I can hope. If not - I will get a table at the local flea market and see if my stuff sells there. I'm sure it will.... Maybe I will do that anyhow - those tables are only a couple bucks to rent for a day or two. Hmmmmmm 2 miles of trashy goodness plus me. Maybe I better not - I'd spend all that I earned there. LOL!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Shibby~ said...

Wow! My school doesn't start until the 23rd!

8/05/2005 12:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture