.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, August 29, 2005

A job!

DH got the job! I'm so proud of him! He's all geeked for it too, I'm so happy! They are really flexible and will work around the kids school schedules. It's not going to be a ton of money at first, and it may never be a ton of money, but it's something he likes to do, it's flexible and money is money. We need it.

Amazing part of all this is that DH and I were just talking about him hunting for work and I had agred to update his resume when the guy called to ask if DH was still interested in working for him.

Let me rewind about 12 months here. Firstborn was in boy scouts and I had taken him to a meeting because DH was sick. I got to talking geek with the father of another boy there. He was in the process of starting up a branch office of his main business (based up north). I mentioned that DH was just as geeky as I was and was unemployed. DH and the father were promptly introduced at the next scout meeting. DH gave him his card and well.. the guy remembered DH and called us.

AWESOME! I'm so happy for DH. He's going to love doing this I just know it. (It's in-house computer repair like those commercials you see for the "Geek Squad")

So, YAY! A job!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Congratulations to DH, and to you for networking for him. And Boy Scouts is so much fun.

8/29/2005 11:41:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

I am so proud of DH, he will do so well I am sure. it will involve letting Firstborn be on his own for a little while each day, but he's pretty self sufficient. I won't trust him with a 10 foot pole alone with his siblings, but alone he will do fine. Firstborn gets home an hour and a half before his sisters so Dh has decided he will be home when the two youngest get home. Today is the first day we are trying this. I checked in on Firstborn today and so did Dh (I think Firstborn is irritated that we are bugging him) and so far all is well. :)

8/30/2005 03:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture