.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Katrina and employment

Katrina is a class 5 hurricane now. She’s barreling down on New Orleans and everyone knows that it will be devastating – especially seeing as how the city is below sea level and has been slowly sinking over the past several years. To give you an idea what a class 5 hurricane is like, think sideways rain. You know those pictures of hurricanes you see in the news all the time? Yeah, like that. But all the time. Hurricanes are like tornadoes, except they never leave. They just stay and stay and stay.

So, if you have faith, please keep everyone in this hurricane’s path in your prayers. I’m glad it’s not me – but I’m not happy it’s them either.

Hurricane Katrina

In other weather related news, there is another tropical storm forming. Right now it’s just called number 13, but if it develops into a storm (and I expect it to) it will be called Lee. They are predicting that one to come really near me – but it’s still early yet.

We never managed to get that generator I was aiming for – bills and other stuff just got in the way – but I do have about a dozen 2liters frozen solid in my freezer – I have some wood to brace the garage door with and I have some glow sticks for the kids at bedtime (No electricity means no nightlights – waaaaah!) and I have some cast iron and aluminum foil for cooking on the grill. Still need that new grill too – I’m not sure if the metal grate on our grill will even hold the cast iron up. But – hey! If it doesn’t, it’s cast iron – so I can cook right in the middle of the flames and it won’t matter – well except to clean it that is.

DH doesn’t know about that job yet. Apparently he passed a knowledge test they gave him (and he didn’t even study!) and needs to meet the owner of the business to pass muster. They will be doing that sometime tomorrow. Pretty much he needs to sit by the phone and when she calls, he needs to drop what he’s doing to go meet with her. Not so sure how all that will work out if they choose to employ him – but it is an on-call type of business so it may just have to be like that. We sure could use the extra cash. I hope it all works out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Hub and I have been watching the storm coverage nonstop. Looks like it's going to be bad. Cate

PS Hope DH gets the job!

8/28/2005 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger ~Shibby~ said...

We've (my mom and I) been watching storm coverage on and off. It's kind of scary. But seeing that made me want to rent The Day After Tomorrow. Haha.

I hope DH gets the job! Keep me posted!

8/28/2005 10:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture