.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Marlboro bought me groceries tonight

Just got paid. Which means I'm broke again. I was wondering what to do for food today when I found a $10 gift card in my purse that I sent away for from Marlboro over a year ago. (No - I don't smoke, but I'm a sucker for cheap and or free stuff so I try to snag all the bargains I can) It had traveled with me all over the place and I somehow had missed spending it. It expired tonight. So - about a half hour ago, I was at the store, attempting to buy groceries with it, but the stupid card didn't work. So I tried to run my old debit card to an account in my old northern bank that I had never closed out and still had some cash in it. Turns out I had not only left the account open, but also forgotten to give them my new address and the card was LONG since expired. HAH! I'm so smart. So, I paid with old faithful, my current bank account ($30! that was half my grocery budget for two weeks!) and got out of everyone's way. (WOW people get hostile in a Walmart checkout lane - Look guys, it's 10PM, I need food, I have money, I just don't happen to be able to get the money out right now is all so stop with the HUGE-SIGH-JUST-PAY-ALREADY_I-CANT-BELIEVE-IT'S-TAKING-HER-SO-LONG looks!)

I put my bags in the trunk and called the Marlboro reward card place, fully expecting the phones to be closed, but it was worth a shot - after tonight I will be $10 poorer with nothign to show for it and all ya know. Money is money. SO - I was floored when they answered the phone! And ever so politely explained to me that the card would not work because I was using it wrong. Then they asked me to go back to the store because the money would be gone tomorrow. HAH - they obviously don't know me, because I was in the middle of the parking lot sitting on my trunk talking to them on my cell phone.

So - I went back in, got the fresh veggies that I had neglected to buy the first time around and ran the card the way they told me to do it and VOILA! Free food! Yay! So - I'm good for about a week now, longer if we stretch it out and maybe we will make it to next payday! Ramen for dinner won't be too terribly bad. I splurged on some bananas for the kids, they can have those as a side dish! I'm only half kidding. Yay, cheap food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture