.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Random bits - now with SHOES!

NERD ALERT: I've added an RSS feed to the links at the top left hand side - it's just a link right now - I will add a graphic for it probably sometime tonight. If you use a homepage such as My Yahoo, you can subscribe to the site feed by adding the linked URL to your content. Check the help files of your particular home page for assistance doing this - but if you ask nicely I might be able to figure something out and assist. Just send me a mail.

In other news, nothing much is going on. Got all the kids new sneakers last night - they kind of needed them. Firstborn's toes were sticking out (Hey - gimme a break here, his grey socks blended in - it was hard to notice!) and youngests shoes had cracks in the sides that let all the sand in from the school play area. We all know that sandy sneakers are pretty darn uncomfortable. Middlechild had inherited a nice pair of barely used sneakers that fit her just fine from a co-worker of mine but insisted that she deserved new sneakers too because the other two were getting them. So - we went shoe shopping. Of course, my kids have excellent taste and requested shoes that would cost me $25-$50 on up. I'm cheap so I kept them all in the $15 or less range. I'm just going to have to replace them again in about 6 months or so anyways.

Youngest got shoes she was happy with - (they can't have laces - she hates laces) and fortunately there was a pair of sneakers with zippers in her size on CLEARANCE! Yay! I heart clearance. Middlechild got a pair of canvas tennies from the ladies department. She's wearing womens 6.5's people. I'm not ready for womens shoes yet - she's still only 10! The shocker though - Firstborn was happily shod in Mens size 10.5's! His feet are bigger than mine! I forsee several years of specially ordering his shoes once he outgrows the selection at Walmart.

WHY YES! I buy cheap shoes at WalMart! Mostly because my selection of stores here in this town consist of Walmart, Walmart, Walmart, or a 45minute drive to the nearest Just For Feet store or Payless Shoes. Also, cause I'm cheap. Shhhh - don't tell the kids, I want it to be a surprise.

In other bargain hunting wonders, I stopped at the local department store clearance outlet store and found dressy SILK SHIRTS in my size, for $5 each. I've always had champagne taste on a beer budget so these were perfect. And so MINE. I heart silk.

DH has obtained a DVD writer for the computer. So..... Guess what y'all on my Christmas mailing list are getting for Christmas??? Here's a hint: It involves our camcorder and various ridiculously behaving children. Hmmm, betcha can't tell.

Also - Mom? I'm STILL waiting on the pictures you promised me! I'm going to start forking out the blackmail photos of you if I can't see your painted kitchen. LOL!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, okay, I did not know you wanted pictures of my kitchen. Will do. I have a bunch to send you. Right now I'm bailing keith out of an overdrawn checking account. I have a lot to tell you. but too tired to do so tonight. Love you, Mom

8/09/2005 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

you're kidding me right? I only ask about it every time I talk to you. I even got Roy nagging you. Well, at least that one time anyhow. Hahaha!

8/09/2005 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger HomeFireBlue said...

I heart you ... and WalMart. Sod those people who snootily look down on us Sprawl-Mart shoppers!

Who would buy expensive shoes for kids anyway? Like you said, they beat them to death in 6 months. At $50 - $60 a pop ... I don't think so.

-Blue

8/10/2005 01:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture