.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Working

Well it went really well yesterday apparently. DH had a great time and thinks he did well. He's got another call today and I think there's another one tomorrow too. Now all I need to worry about is when he's left to his own devices and not working as a "ride-along". We kind of need a car that won't short out after a rainstorm and isn't rusting through. I'm putting out feelers for something clean looking that is reliable. At this point I'd drive anything.... Nothing wrong with the Mercedes (le sigh) except for the shorting and constant battery draining. I think I need to find someone who can redo the electrical system for me. At the very least, find the short.

Firstborn was irritated at us for calling him so much - but he was fine on his own for an hour and a half. (He even got his chores done! Oh the power of a playstation to motivate...) I think he was relieved though when DH got home with the girls. He embarassed DH by running out to the car and yelling something at his boss like "What do you want now?" - which isn't what he meant, but those are the words that came out... They all got a good chuckle out of it and Firstborn got a lecture on proper etiquiette.

DH asked me if I had an old laptop bag anywhere - which sadly, I do not. However, there might be a couple laying around the office here so I'm going rummaging in the storeroom later. They chucked out several not so long ago because nobody wanted them, but I'm hoping there's a couple strays.

DH also got to keep the old computer that the guy didn't want so he was all geeked up about that. When I spoke with him on the phone when he got home it was fun to hear him so happy. I asked him if he'd do the work just for the spare parts and he chuckled a little bit and said "yeah, probably". Too cute.

1 Comments:

Blogger john said...

that sounds so great, i'm happy to hear the good news :)

8/31/2005 11:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture