.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Thursday, September 01, 2005


Although it's on my mind all the time (Who can escape the news?) I think I'm done posting about the hurricane and flooding and damage in New Orleans. So - for your viewing pleasure - is a cicada that found it's way onto my back porch and just lay there on it's back, unable to turn over till I helped it along with a frisbee. This is one bug that's just a little bit cute I think. The dust and cobwebs on his wings didn't hamper him when I took him outside. He flew off the frisbee with such force I felt the frisbee get pushed down a little bit - he whacked the tip of my nose (those pretty wings on this critter are HARD!) and rocketed himself skyward into the pine tree.

Mom, here's a linky just for you. I think you will laugh when you see it. CLICK!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/01/2005 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Karry, The spammers have found you. Some of the blogs I've visited have been deluged with the stuff. Everybody says if you turn on Word Verification in the set-up for comments it cuts down on them. Hope this helps. Cate

9/01/2005 11:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute.... the bug that is.
The site was cute too... I guess you "just add water" I remember how funny that was. Love you, Mom

9/02/2005 06:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture