.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Flat tire

I bought my new shoes on sale - they are a pair of white sandals that up north would only be worn to the beach or the pool. I wear them all the time. (It's Florida! I can get away with it) They are white canvas, with really thick chunky soles (think Mr Rogers sneaker meets strappy sandal type top, but in white). They are REALLY comfy and easy to wear.

So - yesterday I wore them to work. (Yes, work. My office is so awesome I can even slip off my shoes and hike around barefoot if I wanted to - I love my company) So - I'm wearing them around work and I keep hearing this awful Fwoooooh-gaaaaasp noise. People are looking at me as I go by. I thought it was some sort of weird sound the shoes made on the carpet - till it happened when I was standing still. I shifted my weight from my left hip to my right and there it was again.

FWOOOOOH

Shifted back to the right hip and there was the finish:

GAAAAAAASP

Evidently the "chunky rubber soles" are not solid and have air pockets to make them so cushy and comfy. I think I have a flat.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That happened to me once. with a pair of sneakers. They had a balloon in the heel and it went flat. I took them back to the store and got another pair. This time one without a balloon. They were not as comfortable but okay. Hope you can get your money back or get another pair. Love you, MOM

9/13/2005 09:09:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

LOL I'm glad I'm not alone. I can't take them back. They were bought on sale at the 70% discount store. I think I paid $5 for the pair. For $5 I can live with a little Fwoooh-gaaasp. :)

9/14/2005 08:12:00 AM  
Blogger deva said...

I really like your site. Will keep checking back here.


Tires Florida

7/06/2011 01:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture