.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Help me!

Dear internet,
I'm working on a halloween costume idea - and need your help. This year I am going as a pun. Several puns actually. I'm going to dress up as a play on words and see how many people can identify all my puns. Thing is, I'm suddenly not feeling very punny. Here's what I have so far: (partial credit for these goes to the Family Fun Magazine October 2005 issue which inspired me)

Quarterback (enlarge a digital quarter and pin to my back)
Cold Front (Print a great big "cold" and pin to my front)
Smartie Pants (pin rolls of smarties to my pants)
Ring finger (Get a fake finger and attach it to a ring)
White trash (get a white garbage bag, fill with white garbage, hang off my waist)
Hi-liter (take a lighter and wire it like a halo on my head)
Army (stuff some old sleeve/glove combinations and pin to my shirt)
Two Faced (print a mugshot of me and wear like a mask on the back of my head)

I'm not sure what else to do. I think there might be tons of ideas out there but I'm just coming up dry. I'd like to do at least 10 puns.

Anybody have any ideas?

6 Comments:

Blogger Karry said...

note to self

another pun: Framed

9/29/2005 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

I get Family Fun magazine and saw the same pictures. Loved the "quarter-back". My daughter went as a black-eyed pea years ago, but did it differently than theirs. She wore a big stuffed green sweatshirt, a little green hat and had black around her eye. I remember at the time she was debating between that and "cereal killer" (she was going to wear a box painted like a cereal box) with plastic knife stuck in it). I'll come back with more later. My hub is waiting for me to help him pick some movies. Cate

9/29/2005 05:50:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Last year a dude around the corner from my office was a "rolling forecast" or something like that. He was on rollerblades and had little clouds and suns pinned to him.

9/29/2005 08:26:00 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Karry, It's me again. I changed my internet blog address to
www. cateimagines.blogspot.com
I promise I won't do it again.

9/30/2005 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

I've got an idea for another one. Carry an open umbrella with little raindrops cut out of paper dangling from fishing line UNDER it. Put it over your head and you're "under the weather".

P.S. I figured out how to edit my links after this long. I'm so proud. I put your blog at the top of the list.

9/30/2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

awesome ideas! Thank you so much!

Sorry Jen - based on the trauma I experienceed in 7th and 8th grade I'm not getting back up on skates. LOL! But that's a cool idea.

hmmm I could also do a Tide box hanging as a purse - call it "low tide"

9/30/2005 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture