.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I know I promised I wouldn't blog about this anymore

but this comment by Barbara Bush set me to yelling at my computer screen for about 5 minutes. How dare she? HOW... DARE.... SHE?

"Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the
arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very
well for them," Mrs. Bush told American Public Media's "Marketplace" program,
before returning to her multi-million dollar Houston home.


Link to the original. I'm to furious for words.

EDIT 9-8-05: Adding more links. The original source is a bit iffy but the rest of these should set it down for the record:

Houston Channel 2 news
CNN
New York Times

2 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Now, now, Karry. Mrs. Bush can't help that she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth and has replaced it with her foot. I'm sure she's having her help look through her once-worn discards to find things to give to the needy as we speak.

Actually, I always liked her. She's never seen the need for a face lift like so many high-profile wives and that made her seem more real to me. After those comments she made though, she seems a little more plastic than I thought. Cate

9/07/2005 09:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that link was interesting... not sure I agree with all they tout about. Just because a person is rich doesn't make them bad. Although her comment needs explaining. I wonder if other papers will pick this up or could it be a fabrication from this paper? From their other articles they seem like they do bias reporting. But I do agree with you... I do not like the comment. Love you, MOM

9/07/2005 02:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture