.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yay - she has a name!

The storm is now called Ophelia. Don't know if that's a good or bad omen. Anywho - I'm prepared as I'll ever be. Was kind of (still am!) hoping to not need those glow sticks I bought a while back for emergencies.

Lots of wind and rain last night - woke me up at 3am and I tossed and turned till about 5am when I gave up and just read a book. By morning it was sprinkling and now it's nice and damp, but not raining. However, Ophelia looks like she's headed on a beeline for us. NOAA hasn't recognized the change in direction yet though. When they update the forecast at 4pm today I am sure they will re-adjust everything. (Isn't that sad? I know when the NOAA site updates)

I can feel the weather turning too - yesterday was our first "below 90" day in a long time. It's definitely fall. I can't wait until we get the nice weather and I can open up the windows and doors for a fresh breeze.

I just signed up for a weather spotter class. The class is free, and they will train me how to look for weather anomalies and report them so that they can issue warnings and the like faster. I'm not a ham radio enthusiast so I can't volunteer for a lot of the other emergency personnell organizations locally, but I'm still looking into it. I wonder if DH will be interested in the class? They have limited openings..... I need to ask him tonight.

Oh - one more thing - that volunteer painting organization I emailed? (link later - I'm on lunch break and don't have time to go digging - but it's in my archives if you want to hunt for it) Anyhow - they e-mailed me back and they are interested in having me do up a ceiling tile or two. So - YAY for me!

Gotta run - lunch almost over and I need to eat something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hope you will post a picture so I can see it. Love Mom

9/07/2005 03:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture