.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mad at my doctor

Or at least his office staff.
They say on the machine that they will open at 9am. They werent. For at least 15 minutes after opening time I got the machine. (It's not the first time this has happened either)

When I got through to them, they said everything looked fine and nothing was amiss. I asked if they had ordered some specific tests to determine if this was the same thing as last time. They said no, they had not. Why, did I ask for them?

Well, NO, I didn't ask for them specifically because after telling the doctor things like my patient history and that this pain was similar to the last time.... I would have ASSUMED that he would order a battery of tests and that one of them would rule out that specific problem.

I then explained that I was getting very concerned because the pain was worsening and was no longer random or vague like before. I was placed on hold and then the nurse told me they could fit me in for a visit IN TWO WEEKS.

I literally laughed at her.

I then asked who Dr. MBAI (might be an idiot) would refer me to.

She asked why?

That was the last straw. I let it rip and told her that I was hurting and not sleeping because of this and if the soonest they could do was see me for this in two weeks then obviously he was too busy and I needed to see someone else.

She sighed and dug up an appointment for me tomorrow at 2:30. She emphasized that she was doing me a big favor and "squeezing me in".

Let me tell you this, I've never seen this office busy. Ever. Never ever. If it's not busy tomorrow at 2:30 I will win the bet with myself I just made. HAH.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there little lady... I work at a Dr. office and sometimes it IS hard to fit a patient in. And EVERYONE has an emergency and has to see the DR RIGHT AWAY. So go easy on them. They are doing the best they can. At least she did not send you to emergency... we have had to do that on occasion. Just calm your nerves and go to see him when you are scheduled. Although I am sorry for the pain that you are in. Try a heating pad if you are home. or maybe some Ibuprofin (you can take up to 600 mg) Let me know what the Doc says. Love MOM

10/12/2005 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

I see your point, and I understand that everyone has an emergency - I deal with something similar doing what I do for a living. I think all service industries would have the same problem.

I'd be fine if they just ordered another blood draw for the missing tests. I don't need to see him specifically. But nope - can't do that until I'm seen again. I guess that's what I find irritating.

Also - if it's what I'm worried it is (another ectopic) then I don't have two weeks to wait. If it is, and it bursts I could be in for a world of problems.

10/12/2005 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wouldn't an over the counter test provide you with an answer to your question? Just thinking out loud here.

I had a doctor schedule me for a test that cost two weeks worth of pay. Then he went out of his way to schedule me in when he was on duty to give me the results. Results day came...they put me in a room...let me wait an hour in the room... Guess what! The doctor was on vacation! They brought in a peditrician to read my chart to tell me I was okay. That was the last time I scheduled an appointment with that bastard. A month later I saw him in Hacienda. It took everything I had not to throw a fork at him.

10/12/2005 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

I thought about that too but there's a couple reasons why it wouldn't work - it's better to get a definitive test.

10/13/2005 12:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture