.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Not liking doctors too much lately

They tend to deliver bad news.

This post may be borderline TMI so fair warning.

I had a couple tests on Friday to diagnose some vague lower abdominal pain I was having. It turned out to be an ovarian cyst. At least that is what they are calling it right now. The doctor is looking for the results of my bloodwork because that will tell them more information. I had a feeling it would be something like that because during the ultrasound, the technician spent a long time imaging my right half, but very little time imaging my left.

The last time I had one of these - it turned out to be very, very bad and led to what I now call my "dark time". I was so depressed and freaking out that I thought I was gonna die - and if I didn't die, I would kill myself. The last time I had this diagnosis, I wasn't worried, but it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy and it was so incredibly hard to deal with that I can't even imagine how women go year to year having miscarriage after miscarriage and still find time to smile. It was very bad and it was a place I never hoped to see again.

If you have faith, (of any kind, I'm not picky) please keep me in your thoughts.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Karry, when will you find out more? I'm a firm believer in prayer, and will be praying for a good outcome for you. Hang in there. Cate

PS If this shows up four or more times, they keep telling me I'm not typing in my word verification letters correctly, but I am, so I'm giving it one more shot.

10/11/2005 05:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karry, I hope you don't have to go through that again. I remember. I will be praying for you and I am going to give you a call tomorrow. It is too late tonight and I am afraid I woouldn't make much sense. I wish I could be down there with you to help you. Love you lots, MOM

10/11/2005 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

well, it's been aching nearly constantly for the past three days now which is why I called the doctor yesterday. At first they didn't have the results of my bloodwork so they said to call back. So I did and they had found my bloodwork and were going to review it last night. They don't open till 9am so I'm calling them right when they open. They don't know what kind of a worrywart I can be.

The thread of good news I've been clinging to is that they didn't sound freaked out like the doctors did last time this happened.

So - shortly after 9am I should know more.

10/12/2005 08:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture