.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, October 03, 2005

Today has been a banner day for me!

1) I've garnered some very upset comments with my previous post! Don't know why, but apparently I've ticked some people off. Must have touched on a sore spot for whomever that was. Now I feel fully initiated into blogdom. You know..... you're not really a blogger until a troll appears. I feel oh so flattered. LOL!

2) I spent the afternoon at the doctor today. Those headaches I've been having? The sleeplessness? The pain and visual disturbances? Well it's got a name. It's Trigeminal Neuralgia. It's also known as Tic Douloureux and Suicide Disease. Sounds absolutely faboo doesn't it? I'm so excited. Anyways, it's not a very common problem apparently. Aren't I lucky? (snort) I did a little bit of research on it and it's common for people with MS (Which I don't have - but being diagnosed wouldn't surprise me) and one website listed it as the most painful medical condition ever. I don't know about that, but it sure hurts. The cure (if you can call it that) is anti-seizure medication. Can you say FUN - hah.

If you are interested in the disease, here are some links.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karry, I work for a neurologist and she treats people for this a lot. Did you mention to the doctor that your Mom has MS? Did he give you any medications for this? I get the stabbing pains and burning, etc. But I have never gotten it in my face. That must feel terrible. I have some neurontin that I take when it gets bad. I'll be praying for you. Love Mom

10/03/2005 08:13:00 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Wow, A lot going on over here. Hope you don't have what the doctor thinks you have. It sounds very painful.

But sometimes if you figure out what it is that you have you can kind of figure out what you can do about it. That's a little wiggley in the words, but what I mean is, it helps to have a name for it so you can zero in on what you can do about it.

Also, never heard of trolls as relating to blogs before. You have enlightened me once again.

10/04/2005 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Karry said...

Mom,
I told him that you have MS and I have numbness now and then - I asked him if they were related - he asked when my last episode of numbness was and I told him about 3-4 months ago then he didn't seem too concerned. I think it might be that but eh - the symptoms aren't intolerable yet (only bothersome) and I'm all good on my long term disability insurance so the exact diagnosis doesn't matter too much to me - mostly I'm glad I'm not nuts and it's a real problem - I was worried he would tell me that it was all in my head or maybe just a sinus problem or something. :)

Cate - always glad to educate, LOL!

10/04/2005 01:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karry? Do your children get Highlights Mag? I was wondering about sending a subscription? Let me know. MOM

10/05/2005 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

Mom,
they do not get Highlights - I've often thought about getting it for them because I liked it while growing up, but we never seem to have the extra cash - that is one expensive magazine!

The kids would love it - we have a scanner/copier so we could make copies for them to mark up and then we could keep the originals clean. :)

10/06/2005 02:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture