.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Update

Things have been REALLY busy for us lately. My meds make me so so tired that once I take them I'm all woozy and loopy. They help dull the pain somewhat when the headaches come but they don't stop the pain - so I called the doctor for instructions on how to up the dosage. I told him there was no way to take these during the day - I work in a technology business, I need to be sharp during the day. I can't sound stoned while speaking to a client..... although that might make for some interesting conversations! Haha! He said I could double the dosage, but to space the pills 2 hours apart. I will be doing that tonight, assuming I can stay awake long enough after the first one to take the second....

In other news - we had conferences at school today. Youngest is doing well, but still not where I would expect her to be. The teacher thinks that she has some "test anxiety" because she scores really high except on her tests. Middlechild made A/B honor roll, she is so proud! She's starting to struggle a little bit with her multiplication tables so we are going to have to flashcard her on those. Firstborn didn't have conferences - I somehow doubt that I will ever get to meet his teachers, but the progress reports and tests he brings home all look good. I think he may escape this quarter with no D's or F's! I'm so proud of him. I don't know what changed for him, but something did and he is doing so well, he's reading books and he's really shaped up.

I have a couple more layouts completed for my digital scrapbooking, but lately I haven't had much time to work on them.

I also got two kilns via freecycle. I am SO EXCITED! I love pottery and ceramics and now I can do my own! I need to check with the city and see what kind of building codes I need to comply with in order to plug them in, and I also will need to have the house wired for them but wow! Free kilns! I can't wait. Next on the agenda for my "home studio in the garage" (after wiring and venting for the kilns) is a potters wheel. YAY!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

Karry, the kilns sound great. I watched Carol Duvall last week and saw a fellow making the most beautiful teapots!

Loved your digital scrapbooking pages, too. I'm headed for a scrapbooking show today. Hope to learn more about everything.

10/07/2005 07:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture