.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stupid clients

If another person acts surprised when their software did not just magically update itself, I will scream.

Other memorable quotes of the past week:

"So, to email this I have to be on the internet? Why is that?"

"Wow, this entry in my software is not marked paid yet. Why isn't it marked paid?"

"Oh, BUCKETS!"

"My version is supposed to be 4.79? I thought I had to round that up - well that explains why the steps listed for version 5 weren't working for me"

"Me: Are you on the Internet?
Him: Yes
Me: Do you see where it says Address?
Him: Oh do I need to be in the Internet?"

"how do I create a new file?"
Click File -> New.
"Oh, Okay. How do I open a file?"
Click File -> Open

"I deleted a file by accident and emptied my recycle bin. I needed that file. If I turn the clock back on my computer - will the file be there?"

2 Comments:

Blogger john said...

those are classics!

"are you on the internet?"

"yes."

"see where it says address?"

"oh, wait, i need to be on the internet?"

i can just imagine the rolling of eyes and the sound of your head hitting the desk..

good quotes from people who are clearly lacking in the common sense department; keep 'em comin' ;-)

11/08/2005 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

My favorite is "if I turn the clock back on my computer, will the file still be there?"

I hate to admit that I am probably guilty of worse than these though!

11/08/2005 05:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture