.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I miss the funny

I used to be able to make a funny here all the time. Lately it's been nothing but moaning and groaning and some whining and more than my share of grumbling. I'm sorry guys. I'm going to try to focus more on the funny in my life again. I'm tired of the whine - (shut up, I would NOT like some cheese thank-yew)

And now - on with the show!

Talked to DH's boss last night. He was dropping off some parts for DH and saw the new car. We described how DH sanded down the roof, painted it and shined it all up. He kept repeating the word roof. We'd say "yeah, sanding the roof wasn't too hard..." and he'd go "Roof" and smile. The man was teasing us about our accents! LOL! I never knew I talked funny before - always sounded fine to me. But our "roof" (pronounced "rough") is not at all like his "roof" (pronounced "roooooof") and he thought it was funny. Silly Massachussets people, let me tell you.

So - what do you say? Roof (rough), Roof (rooooof), or something completely different?

Creek or a crick? Crayfish, crawdad, or crawfish? Route or root or rut? Y'all, you all, all y'all, or just plain "you"?

Dialects are awesome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some times being real is not funny... just normal. I wouldn't feel bad about not feeling funny. Life is a mixture of all things. That is what it is all about. It has been really cold up here. 0 degrees outside yesterday... today it is a bit warmer "1" degree. We are expecting another 4-10 inches on Friday. Oh joy (smile). Let me know when your presents arrive. Love you, MOM *who is a not very funny person! (smile)

12/15/2005 07:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture