.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Life is not about getting to the destination, life is what happens to you on the way there. 

Monday, December 12, 2005

My weekend

I had two straight days off with nothing much to do in them except fun things and I feel great today. I needed them badly. I was really not doing so good at the end of last week. Too much work, not enough time. I was barely treading water. I feel ready for it this week, catching up should not be bad. :)

Middlechild spent the night at a friends house Friday night - Saturday I had someone come for the ugly green plaid couch I carted with me all my life - it's got a new home now and will be well used by a family that had no furniture. I also send some patio chairs and a lamp and two end tables with the family. DH sanded the roof of the new car - which was a whole post I forgot to actually post - I'll edit it and post it soon. Was a good deal - especially since old Rustbucket is having steering problems now.

Did I mention my MRI showed no problems except a sinus infection? Maybe I did. I hardly believe them. I'm taking the anti-biotics but I feel no different and I've been on the drugs for 5 days now. Still headaches.

Speaking of my MRI - how the heck long should an injection site hurt? DH thinks they may have torn parts of me internally with the needle - but my hand (where they finally found a vein) is still really sore. It's still slightly swollen and while I can use it - it's just - uh, well just sore. It shouldn't be. The injection site should be healed by now. I called the doctor for an opinion ("should I be worried about this?") and haven't heard back.

Also on Saturday, with middlechild gone and firstborn glued to his computer, youngest and I went to Michaels - the store of the gods. I picked up some ornaments and some etching cream so I can make the set of 24 ornaments for the annual ornament party this weekend. I have 24 of another kind of ornament ready, but changed my mind at the last minute. They are coming out nicely - but hole punches are such a booger to peel out of contact paper. Bleagh.

I also made the necklace I wanted to make for the Christmas party last night. It's a carnation with enamel over it - strung on a string of moonstone and roze quartz chips - and another string of eeensy pearls. It came out nicely, I was pleased.

I'll post pictures of all this soon - I need to find the cable for my camera.

Both puppies are doing well and have adjusted to their new homes. They are still less than 2lbs each but they have wriggled their ways into the hearts of each family so I'm satisfied they are going to be fine.

Pictures soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cate said...

You seem to have everything in hand this year. Remember last year? You were the Christmas tornado, spinning around trying to get everything done.

Are you participating in the ornament exchange again this year, or was it just too much?

12/13/2005 06:55:00 PM  
Blogger Karry said...

Still doing the ornament thing this year. The party is Saturday night.

I made some awesome CD angels but I'm not sure hwo to hang them - so then I was goign to do stained glass boxes - with the liquid stained glass paint - but after doing a couple I discovered that painting tiny black lines with toothpicks really kind of bites. No way I could sit still long enough to do 24 of them. So I rummaged around for glitter pompoms and gave up - I got the clear ornaments at Michaels and I'm just generically frosting them. I got some nice ribbon for them (I hope 4 rolls is enough) and I'll post pictures soon. If I can find batteries for my camera, I will post a how-to with etching cream. Oh - and my recycled lightbulb ornaments this year came out great - gotta post pictures of those too.

Next week - baking!

12/13/2005 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

That's the Christmas Karry I remember! Can't wait to see the photos.

12/15/2005 09:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Counter
Teak Furniture